[ccan] CCAN and Google Summer of Code

Rusty Russell rusty at rustcorp.com.au
Wed Apr 23 00:31:27 EST 2008

On Tuesday 22 April 2008 20:21:05 Nicolas Martyanoff wrote:
> Please, would you mind explaining to the students who have not been
> selected why their application was refused ? It could help us to do
> better the next year :)

Hi Nicolas,

   The main issue was lack of resources on our part: I was asked by two other
projects to mentor students as well.  It's also hard to pile on lots of
developers at once on the early days of a project like this!

   Next year things will be slightly different: we will have existing
contributors who will naturally go to the top of the list.  Of course, much
of this will be because contributing will be easier by that time :)

Thanks!
Rusty.