[ccan] CCAN issues

Rusty Russell rusty at rustcorp.com.au
Thu Dec 27 22:42:55 EST 2007

On Thursday 20 December 2007 17:54:10 Adam Kennedy wrote:
> The first two major elements we need to define is
>
> 1. The toolchain and methodologies on a per-package basis.
>
> (Issues like libtap and which compilers we support belong)
>
> 2. The definitions for what the actual "products" the CCAN provides are.
>
> (Issues like cut-paste vs code munging vs libfoo distribution).

OK, I've continued working on the tools.  I now have checked in
a "namespacize" tool which mangles a ccan package (ie subdirectory) to add
ccan_/CCAN_ prefixes, and also mangle all the dependencies (ie. subdirs at
same level whose _info.c file says they depend on it).  It's rough, but forms
a basis for how I want to handle this.

Next is a ccanlint, which I imagine will be a never-ending project to help
people ccan-ize code.

I'm also working on a ccanized GPL2+ (improved) version of the Linux list.h
macros, after which will come talloc.  Then I'll feel some faith that we have
the components correct.

If other people have tidbits they want to start adding, it should be as simple
as grabbing the bzr repo from http://ozlabs.org/~rusty/ccan/ and sending me a
patch...

Cheers!
Rusty.