[Cbe-oss-dev] bsc.es mirror?

Dominik Klein dominik.klein at gmx.com
Sat May 30 23:44:06 AEST 2020

Hi,

On 30/05/2020 12:12, David Springate wrote:
> Does anyone have a copy of the rpms that used to be hosted over at bsc.es?
> Stuff like:
>
>     - ppu-binutils-3.2-4.ppc.rpm
>     - ppu-gcc-3.2-4.ppc.rpm
>     - ppu-gcc-c++-3.2-4.ppc.rpm
>     - ppu-toolchain-3.2-4.src.rpm
>     - ppu-toolchain-debuginfo-3.2-4.ppc.rpm
>     - spu-binutils-3.2-6.ppc.rpm
>     - spu-gcc-3.2-6.ppc.rpm
>     - spu-gcc-c++-3.2-6.ppc.rpm
>     - spu-newlib-1.14.0.200610300000-1.ps3pf.ppc.rpm
>     - spu-toolchain-3.2-6.src.rpm
>     - spu-toolchain-debuginfo-3.2-6.ppc.rpm

If you want those exact files, you might want to consider donating to
the Internet Archive - they're doing a great job ;)

https://web.archive.org/web/20080526200305/http://www.bsc.es/projects/deepcomputing/linuxoncell/cellsimulator/sdk2.0/
https://web.archive.org/web/20091215132311/http://www.bsc.es/projects/deepcomputing/linuxoncell/cellsimulator/sdk3.0/
https://web.archive.org/web/20081107160635/http://www.bsc.es/projects/deepcomputing/linuxoncell/cellsimulator/sdk3.1/
https://web.archive.org/web/20101001132238/http://www.bsc.es/projects/deepcomputing/linuxoncell/cellsimulator/sdk3.1.0.1/

Not all of the files might have been archived (completely) but it's a start.

To use those, you best use them on the now obsolete Fedora versions they
were written for.

> Or perhaps there's a better way of setting up a cross-compiler for PS3
> Linux?
> Anyone able to help?
> (I'm not even sure if this mailing list is dead!)

As the other guys already have pointed out, stuff might be in certain
upstream versions of the toolchain but it's been unmaintained for a
while so it might not work that well.

Good luck and let us know how it went :)

Kind regards,
Dominik