[Cbe-oss-dev] bsc.es mirror?

Geert Uytterhoeven geert at linux-m68k.org
Sat May 30 21:01:07 AEST 2020

Hi David,

On Sat, May 30, 2020 at 12:41 PM David Springate <david at liquidbridge.net> wrote:
> Does anyone have a copy of the rpms that used to be hosted over at bsc.es?
> Stuff like:
>
> ppu-binutils-3.2-4.ppc.rpm
> ppu-gcc-3.2-4.ppc.rpm
> ppu-gcc-c++-3.2-4.ppc.rpm
> ppu-toolchain-3.2-4.src.rpm
> ppu-toolchain-debuginfo-3.2-4.ppc.rpm
> spu-binutils-3.2-6.ppc.rpm
> spu-gcc-3.2-6.ppc.rpm
> spu-gcc-c++-3.2-6.ppc.rpm
> spu-newlib-1.14.0.200610300000-1.ps3pf.ppc.rpm
> spu-toolchain-3.2-6.src.rpm
> spu-toolchain-debuginfo-3.2-6.ppc.rpm
>
> Or perhaps there's a better way of setting up a cross-compiler for PS3 Linux?
> Anyone able to help?

Ugh, gcc 3.2.4 is really old. Cell support (both PPU and SPU) was
integrated in upstream gcc.  Ubuntu used to carry (cross) compilers
based on (at least) 4.1, so you should be able to find these
(binary/source) packages, too.

> (I'm not even sure if this mailing list is dead!)

Apparently it isn't, but I was quite surprised to receive a message through
this list, as the previous one was from 2015 ;-)

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds