[Cbe-oss-dev] Development environment

Rick Gaiser rgaiser at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 07:53:27 AEST 2015

Hi Geoff,

The size is indeed 7.5MiB after stripping, but it still does not boot. I
tried both with and without initrd. My current kboot config looks like this
from petitboot screen:
/var/petitboot/mnt/sda1/boot/vmlinux root=UUID=<the uuid>
video=ps3fb:mode:13 ps3fb=16M nomodeset

Could it perhaps be a problem with the firmware or petitboot? It was
somewhat difficult to find a working solution since most links (on
psdevwiki for instance) seem to be broken. I am using the petitboot
(dtbImage.ps3.bin.minimal) image from psdevwiki. For firmware I could not
find all required packages, so I am using alternative (version 4.70)
firmware with otheros support instead. This seems to boot with the red
ribbon dvd, but perhaps it is not compatible with the latest kernel?

Rick