[Cbe-oss-dev] Real Time Clock incorrect on PS3

Mauro Montenegro mauro.montenegro at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 01:47:49 EST 2013

Hello Geert! Good morning. I proceed to answer.

First, You have to Set the correct time under GameOS, As This will
update the real
RTC. That should fix your games.

I've done both .. I seteado time manually and also through internet .. And
yet the game still throwing the error 8001050F. Only games that require the
installation of trophies .. as are the Kill Zone 2, MotorStorm and so many
more.

Next, set the correct time under Linux using the "hwclock" command.
That will update the offset Between Linux GameOS time and time in the
OS FLASH memory area. After your time That Should always be correct
under Linux.

I also used the command "hwclock" in almost all its forms .. without
achieving any real results. Since it seems as if it were a frozen PC with
DeepFreeze program .. which to restart .. all the changes that I could have
done .. not established. As if it were a skin where I was working.

I have knowledge and that there is a syscall .. the 866 .. that from what I
could see .. is such that the syscall is accessing the RTC to edit and read
it .. but do not quite understand how you could use. Nor whether it is
prohibited or not aware of such information.
But to be honest .. me what I precupa is having a beauty like the PS3 .. a
marvel of engineering joining earth .. and unable to occupy it :(

I hope to someday solve .. or at least get to be certain why it happened.
And to know what were the reasons that the RTC is in 2006.

There is something I can not understand .. which has to do games trophies ..
with the RTC? Because hwclock-cmos .. is correct. But-rtc hwclock is wrong.

Greetings!