[Cbe-oss-dev] installation-report: debian 7.1 wheezy installation success on PS3

Declan Malone declan.malone at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 10:58:23 EST 2013

On 8 August 2013 00:19, Geoff Levand <geoff at infradead.org> wrote:

> Package: installation-reports
> Version: 2.49
> Severity: normal
>
> Dear Maintainer,
>
> Installed from CD-ROM media.  Install went as expected.
> Followed the PS3 install instructions here:
>

> https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/geoff/cell/ps3-howto/ps3-debian-install-howto.txt
>

> -- Package-specific info:
> [snip]

 It's great to know that this is still working. However, I still have one
big problem with my PS3: the spufs still doesn't work. I can load programs
on the SPUs but nothing shows up under /spu and spu-top doesn't show any
processes (though it does seem to show an increasing load across SPUs).
I also have a second major problem that none of the official kernels (or
the kernel + your patches, Geoff) will compile and run for me.
If a re-installation from the main Debian archive works and fixes these
things, that would be great news.
(I'm on firmware 3.55, by the way, after an "accidental" upgrade by my
nephew)
Thanks for all the good work, guys...