[Cbe-oss-dev] Peitiboot hangs

Marcell Simmons mnm5151 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 03:44:49 EST 2012

Hi Guys,

Firstly thanks for all the work you have done for the ps3, really awesome!

I have followed the guide on
http://www.ps3devwiki.com/index.php?title=OtherOS%2B%2B#OtherOS.2B.2B_How-To,
used the OtherOS++ firmware on a PS3 slim CHECH-2004B.

Im trying to put Ubuntu on.
I dId everything according to the guide. tried the auto way of using an iso
on disk to install, but hangs on system going down....
I then thought let me compile the kernel from the guide :)

It took me awhile but i got it done. so exited from petitboot, went to XMB
ran reboot, and selected the first option to run the OS
And then it goes Booting. then system going down. and then system just
hangs on there :(  (left it overnight so that it could load, no luck)

I am unsure what i have done wrong here

Is there a IRC that i can chat to you on? or would you prefer email.

Thank you for time, im sure you get a lot of "us" noobs bothering you with
these stupid things :)

--

Marcell Simmons
Email : mnm5151 at gmail.com