[Cbe-oss-dev] RFS: kboot-utils (resend) -- needed for d-i to complete on PS3

Antonio Ospite ospite at studenti.unina.it
Tue Oct 11 18:51:17 EST 2011

Hi Debian Mentors and Debian PPCers,

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "kboot-utils", it is needed
to make debian-installer complete a successful installation on
PlayStation3. I am also the upstream author.

* Package name    : kboot-utils
  Version         : 0.2
  Upstream Author : Antonio Ospite <ospite at studenti.unina.it>
* URL             : http://git.ao2.it/kboot-utils.git/
* License         : GPLv3
  Programming Lang: Posix shell
    from entries in /boot.

    The kboot.conf file can be read by the petitboot bootloader which is
    used for instance on the Sony PlayStation 3 in OtherOS mode in
    order to list kernels to boot.

It builds the binary package: kboot-utils

The package can be downloaded with dget using this command:

  dget -u http://ao2.it/debian/kboot-utils_0.2-1.dsc

The source package can be found in the 'debian' branch at:

  http://git.ao2.it/kboot-utils.git/

The package has been tested with pbuilder, checked with lintian,
verified to be piuparts-clean.

As I was saying this package is needed to have a 100% working
installation on the PlayStation3, for details look at Bug #619236:

  http://bugs.debian.org/619236

you can also read on the wiki that as for now kboot.conf needs to
be created by hand:

  http://wiki.debian.org/PS3#Debian_installer

The plan is to first have kboot-utils in the official archive and then
make d-i install it when machine==PS3.

Thanks,
   Antonio

--