[Cbe-oss-dev] PS3 disk block device driver

Geert Uytterhoeven geert at linux-m68k.org
Fri Feb 11 22:38:05 EST 2011

On Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 16:03, graf_chokolo graf_chokolo
<grafchokolo at googlemail.com> wrote:
> i'm trying to improve the disk block device driver for PS3 on Linux and need
> an advice regarding
> support for several regions. Currently, the driver supports only one HDD
> region on Linux, i want to implement
> support for more than one disk region. What is the best way to implement it
> ?

Are you seeing the message "X accessible regions found. Only the first
one will be used"?

> HDD on PS3 has 3 levels: HDD -> region -> partitions. If i understand right,
> then i need for every region a gendisk struct.

Yes, you'll have to create a gendisk for every set bit in
ps3_storage_device.accessible_regions.

Currently it always uses ps3_storage_device.region_idx as the region to use.
Probably you want to modify ps3stor_read_write_sectors() to take the region
number as a parameter.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds