[Cbe-oss-dev] AsbestOS - Linux on PS3 firmware above 3.15 and PS3 Slim

Raphael Rodrigues rxonda at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 22:51:40 EST 2010

Hello,
This is interest news:
http://marcansoft.com/blog/2010/10/asbestos-running-linux-as-gameos/

Marcan is a Wii hacker that creates a PS Jailbreak payload that runs a
linux bootloader.

The problem is that it only can load kernel until 16M and cant execute
a fully operational linux.
Another limitations include no access to linux partiotions on hard
disk. He loads the linux through netboot and NFS.

He says that he can access the 7th SPE and can access the RSX.
I dont know if this list supports the jailbreak exploit, but I think
it worth some investigation.