[Cbe-oss-dev] hdd probleam

Geert Uytterhoeven Geert.Uytterhoeven at sonycom.com
Thu Feb 25 23:18:00 EST 2010

On Thu, 25 Feb 2010, Akos Marton wrote:
> I'm writing to you, because I'm trying to install a new ps3 with the firmware
> 3.15. I installed petitboot sucessfully and want to be installed the latest
> Fedora 12 on it. The installer works correctly until that time, that try to
> find the hdd, probably it works -the GameOS can see it. Under /dev I can't see
> any kind of ps3da, only ps3flash -I tried it from petitboot-shell.
> Should I use some kind of bootlfag or kernel parameter?
> Everything seems to be correct, I didn't get any error message.

Have you partitioned the hard disk under GameOS, i.e. allocated some space
on the disk for OtherOS?

With kind regards,

Geert Uytterhoeven
Software Architect
Techsoft Centre

Technology and Software Centre Europe
The Corporate Village · Da Vincilaan 7-D1 · B-1935 Zaventem · Belgium

Phone:    +32 (0)2 700 8453
Fax:      +32 (0)2 700 8622
E-mail:   Geert.Uytterhoeven at sonycom.com
Internet: http://www.sony-europe.com/

A division of Sony Europe (Belgium) N.V.
VAT BE 0413.825.160 · RPR Brussels
Fortis · BIC GEBABEBB · IBAN BE41293037680010