[Cbe-oss-dev] PS3 debian installation questions

Fabiano Manoel de Andrade fabianoma at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 05:28:57 EST 2010

        Hi.

       I'm a debian linux user and have installed and used debian in my PS3.
I saw the Geoff updated version of ps3-debian-install-howto and stay very
happy to see that debian installation become PS3 friendly. I try to follow
that tutorial to see the debian installer progress, but have few problems.

       First. Trying to use the daily d-i build the installer doesn't
recognize the PS3 network card and BD drive. I was using the PS3 connected
with cable, not wireless. So, the installer just don't can go further.

       Second. I just give a try to debian 5.0.4 release. Using the
install64 option and the installer  is started, but here also the PS3 BD
drive and netwrk card is note recognized. Again I can't go further to
install debian on PS3.

       I have write two ps3 debian install tutorial. One using USB Pendrive
and CD to install[1] and another using only a USB Pendrive[2]. In both I
have used the vmlinux kernel from old PS3 LDSK iso image. The installation
is like an usual PC installation, but few options like language selection
and keyboard model are not complete, not shown, for example, the ABNT2
keyboard model. So I wish to update/improve my tutorial to debian leeny and
future releases.

       Can you give some feedback and help to make the debian PS3
installation more user friendly?

       Thanks in advance and best regards.
       Fabiano.

PS: Please CC to me.