[Cbe-oss-dev] PS3 OtherOS gone

Hubertus A. Haniel hubba at unixcook.com
Wed Apr 7 23:13:32 EST 2010

On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 10:27:22 +0300, Peter Bortas wrote
> On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 6:37 PM, Hubertus A. Haniel <hubba at unixcook.com> wrote:
>
> > I wonder if any body on this mailing list could possibly point me at reliable
> > instructions on how I now actually claim back the 25gb partition that I had
> > assigned to Linux so I can still utilise the space for all that "exiting new"
> > content that sony are promising? It seems to me that the only way to do that is to
> > wipe the whole system so I loose all my purchased content and save games as well.
> > There also seems to be no link on the europe site to raise a support call with
> > Sony like they have in the US hence I am asking this question on this list.
>
> No one has mentioned it yet, so I'll throw it out there: If you
> haven't upgraded yet then don't. Set up a proxy that tells your PS3 it
> has the latest upgrade and you'll retain PSN access. For now.

Yes I saw that too but I need to get back down to 3.15 first - I have been reading
in some forums that using the "Restore PS3 system" function in the recovery menu
also rolls the firmware back to the original firmware. - Can somebody confirm that
this is true?

My thinking was, if this is true - I could remove my current hard drive and
replace it with another one. do the "Restore PS3 system" then upgrade back to the
3.15 firmware and  place my original harddisk back into the system and I should be
back to a state where I can access my OtherOS partition again.

Best regards
Hubba