[Cbe-oss-dev] PS3 OtherOS gone

Hubertus A. Haniel hubba at unixcook.com
Wed Apr 7 04:15:11 EST 2010

I have tried plugging in a USB hard disk but the backup option keeps
prompting me to plug a device in to the save destination so I can not
figure out where I can set the save destination - I also have read that
the backup may not actually back up everything and when you restore it
only restores the same partition size as people have been trying to use
that method for swapping drives. - I am considering if I should take the
drive out and plug it into another linux system and then dd the whole
lot just in case Sony reinstate the OtherOS option and after I have a
full backup trying if I can get anywhere with something like partition
magic. Anybody tried this before and was successful using Partition Magic?

Best regards
Hubba