[Cbe-oss-dev] PS3 OtherOS gone

Hubertus A. Haniel hubba at unixcook.com
Wed Apr 7 01:37:35 EST 2010

Hi,

I wonder if any body on this mailing list could possibly point me at reliable
instructions on how I now actually claim back the 25gb partition that I had
assigned to Linux so I can still utilise the space for all that "exiting new"
content that sony are promising? It seems to me that the only way to do that is to
wipe the whole system so I loose all my purchased content and save games as well.
There also seems to be no link on the europe site to raise a support call with
Sony like they have in the US hence I am asking this question on this list.

I am still very annoyed with what Sony has done but since my unit was one of the
first one that came out I have no way of even taking it back to get a refund on
it. - I only bought it because they advertised that I could run linux on this
console as well as keeping kids entertained. Since my friends kids played with the
box on the weekend my trusty old OpenSuSE installation can no longer be accessed :(

Best regards
Hubba