[Cbe-oss-dev] Black screen on reboot to gameos

Geoff Levand geoffrey.levand at am.sony.com
Fri Sep 18 02:56:46 EST 2009

On 09/17/2009 06:00 AM, Jonathan Adamczewski wrote:
> Reporting this for a friend of mine -
>
> When rebooting from Linux back to GameOS, the user is left with a
> black screen, requiring a further restart to return to normal behaviour.

I can't understand what is happening based on this info.

Has the HDD been formatted with an OtherOS region?
Does normal reboot work (type 'reboot' at Linux command prompt)?
What messages are seen just before the screen goes blank?
Does 'ps3-boot-game-os --no-reboot' work?
Does 'ps3-boot-game-os --poweroff' work?
Does 'ps3-boot-game-os --no-reboot' and then 'reboot' work?

> While the screen is black, the console can still be turned off using
> the bluray remote.

At this point is it running Linux, or the game OS?
Is there disk activity?
Does ssh or ping to it work?
Can it do a normal shutdown with the power button?