[Cbe-oss-dev] Change addressing mode of spu-gcc

Nassos Katsadimas slaod at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 10 04:18:09 EST 2009

Hello,

I am trying to develop something like a software cache in CELL. What i do is to simply fetch functions from the main memory to LS at will. But there is problem when a program has global variables. A function is placed at a different LS address each time i fetch it from memory so when i try to access global data it can't find them (something that makes sense). The first solution that comes to my mind is to reserve a register and make it point to the base address of data section(ok this is simple so far), and then i should have register-relative data addressing. I know that the addressing mode used for global data access in SPU programs is absolute addressing.
So my actual questions are:
1) Is there a way that spu-gcc  can change its addressing mode?
2) Or even better could you suggest another way of solving my problem?

Thank you a lot,
Nassos