[Cbe-oss-dev] petitboot testing release

Geoff Levand geoffrey.levand at am.sony.com
Sat Mar 28 13:22:11 EST 2009

On 03/23/2009 03:41 AM, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Mar 2009, Geoff Levand wrote:
>> I uploaded another testing build of Jeremy Kerr's new multi-ui petitboot.
>> This release is only for experts.  Casual users should not install.
>>
>> If unsure, DO NOT install.
>>
>> I uploaded two file formats:
>>
>>  *.elf - 2st stage kernel to load with existing bootloader.
>>  *.bld - 1st stage kernel to program into flash memory.
>
> I managed to launch petitboot from both images. However, it still doesn't seem
> to take into account the contents of /etc/kboot.conf on my first partition,
> which is marked bootable in the partition table.

I fixed this in today's release (ps3-petitboot-testing-09.03.27).

The problem was that your kboot.conf file had too much data
(entries) for petitboot's protocol payload.  I increased the
payload size from 4 KiB to 8 KiB.  Your file needed about 6 KiB.

I also added a log message that warns when the payload size
has been exceeded.  The old behavior was to silently ignore the
file.