[Cbe-oss-dev] ubuntu wireless kernal

François Galea francois.galea at uvsq.fr
Fri Jan 23 22:16:53 EST 2009

joe snodgrass a écrit :
> hey i know its a lot to ask but i would really appriciate it if i could
> get a step by step on how to configure ps3 utilities and setup wireless
> i am a newbie and i know linux has a lot to offer

I have successfully installed wireless on a PS3 with Debian, so I can
speculate my setup would also work on ubuntu.

You need a recent set of packages including latest wpa_supplicant and a
recent Linux kernel with PS3 support. Maybe Ubuntu already supplies
fully functional PS3 kernels, you'll have to check for that first.

Then, wireless setup is the same as on a standard PC, except:
  - on my machine, the wireless interface is called "wlan0_rename_re",
which may be Debian-specific.
  - for some reason, DHCP clients do not work on the wireless interface.
You have to use fixed IP addresses.

regards,

François