[Cbe-oss-dev] Disabling IRQ #46 problem

Guilherme Cox cox at computer.org
Wed Jan 21 12:47:10 EST 2009

Hi,

I am writing to you guys just to inform my findings about a problem
that I had with fedora9-ppc-dvd.iso on playstation 3.

I had one with fedora 8 and it's running fine.

When I've installed a new playstation 3 with fedora 9, everything was doing ok.

After installed, changed inittab to console, etc. I tried to
reboot the system to see if it will boot without any major problem.

However, after all shut down process and before the reboot I got a message:

Disabling IRQ #46

and it seems to freeze there.

I tried to press ctrl+alt+down and i have got a dump message. It's big
and I cannot copy to here. One remarkable line tells:

kernel BUG at drivers/ps3/ps3-lpm.c:157!
Oops: Exception in kernel mode, sig: 5 [#1]

if this information is useful or you guys need any more, let me know.
there's a call trace here I can try to copy or to photography.

When I made a yum update, almost 1Gb of updates including the kernel,
the problem was solved, and my ps3 is rebooting without any problem.

After that, I decide to reinstall, but this time I setup my partition
table in a custom mode and without Logical Volumes (LVM). After the
installing process, I changed the inittab to console and tried to
reboot and it rebooted without the error message - Disabling IRQ #46
problem.

I did the yum update as well and made some backups with partimage to
save time on future. ;)

I am writing here just to inform you, maybe some is having the same
problem as I did, and I didn't find any information about this problem
when I was looking for on google.

Regards and sorry my English mistakes,

Guilherme Cox

--
.cox

Rita Rudner  - "When I eventually met Mr. Right I had no idea that his
first name was Always."