[Cbe-oss-dev] one question for using two cameras on PS3(use openCV).

Jim Paris jim at jtan.com
Tue Feb 24 17:24:31 EST 2009

王群元 wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have one question for using two cameras on PS3(use openCV).
> when we use OpenCV to receive video from two camera,
> the frame rate become slow and irregular(1~15fps),
> experiment environment
> yellow dog linux 6.0
> OpenCV 1.0+ opencv-1.0.0-cell-patch-20081022
> webcam : playstation eye

What resolution and framerate are you capturing at?
640 * 480 * 30 fps * 2 bytes per pixel * 2 cameras is
37 megabytes per second.  That's probably over the practical limit
for high-speed USB.

The camera's chipset supports JPEG compression, but there's no
documentation on these parts and I never quite managed to get that
to work right.

-jim