[Cbe-oss-dev] USB sound recording issue

Geoff Levand geoffrey.levand at am.sony.com
Tue Feb 17 05:03:32 EST 2009

On 02/16/2009 05:49 AM, Andrew Friedley wrote:
> Geoff Levand wrote:
>> I guess it is a stale .ko left from an old build.  Before building
>> the kernel delete all the old modules:
>>
>> 	rm -rf ${target}/lib/modues/2.6.28-${whatever}
>
> I've been doing that; it looks like the module came from my initrd,
> which I hadn't been updating each time.  Making a new initrd using this
> kernel/config (OHCI=y, EHCI=n) gives me a working system on boot.

OK, ps3_defconfig does not need an initrd.

> However this kernel hangs when I reboot it.  I run 'reboot' at the
> command line, init goes through its stuff, I see 'Please stand by while
> rebooting the system...', and nothing else happens.  I have to power
> cycle the PS3.

OK, this reboot hang is a different problem.  I'll put it on the todo
list.  Please send me the .config file if you can.

> Also I tried OHCI=n, EHCI=y again to make sure I tested that case
> properly, and yes the original problem occurs in that case.  With this
> kernel, the PS3 reboots properly.

OK, could you please try with with ps3-linux.git and ps3_defconfig?
Let me know the checkout revision number when you report.

  http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/geoff/ps3-linux.git

> I tried the preamp on the PPC (G5) mac running Ubuntu and a 2.6.25
> kernel, works perfectly there.

OK, my guess is a problem in the ps3 ehci HCD (drivers/usb/host/ehci-ps3.c),
or a hardware errata.

Could you try with CONFIG_PM=n.