[Cbe-oss-dev] Kernel modules

Monk monk at gmx.net
Mon Feb 16 06:25:06 EST 2009

Many thanks for these clarifications. Maybe you could even help me a little
further.

As the kernel packages in distributions are rather bloated and load lots of
stuff the ps3 never uses I'm trying to put up some instructions how to build
an optimized kernel for the ps3. Please see here:
http://psubuntu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4
<http://psubuntu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=758> &t=758

Still I'm only an user and quite some of the kernel modules tell me nothing.
My goal is to get a kernel that supports all hardware / functions that could
probably be used on the ps3, e.g. the fuse module for ntfs support, without
adding unnecessary stuff at the cost of resources.

I'm looking forward to any help or hints on this. Many thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Thilo