[Cbe-oss-dev] Kernel modules

Monk monk at gmx.net
Fri Feb 13 08:04:30 EST 2009

Hi all,

I'm currently digging into compiling kernel for the ps3. On Ubuntu the stock
kernel loads various modules of which I'm not sure if they do make any sense
on the ps3.
This is the lsmod of the modules in question:

windfarm_smu_sat
windfarm_pid
windfarm_max6690_sensor
windfarm_lm75_sensor
windfarm_cpufreq_clamp
windfarm_core

cpufreq_powersave
cpufreq_userspace
cpufreq_ondemand
cpufreq_stats
cpufreq_conservative

Can the ps3 make any use of the lm sensors and the cpu frequency scaling
modules?

Another point are the kernel debug options. The ps3_defconfig activates
quite a number of the debug options. From what I read some of the options
increase the resource usage of the kernel. Do I need the debug option as an
end-user?

Thanks in advance for any help and best regards,

Thilo

database 3849 (20090212) __________

http://www.eset.com