[Cbe-oss-dev] New ext4 Petitboot timeout

David White dave at jedi-ninja.co.uk
Wed Dec 30 04:31:31 EST 2009

My name is Dave and I'm a PS3 user from London. I've recently started
dabbling with Linux and have successfully installed Karmic Ubuntu with an
ext4 partition using your Petitboot as my OtherOS.bld, because of its ext4
support. Now all is good so far, but one thing is I'm not always going to be
connecting my keyboard, and will be using my Sixaxis within Ubuntu to
operate the virtual keyboard and mouse. I know reading various threads you
do not want to code support for the Sixaxis which is fair enough, but could
you at all possibly add in an autoboot function? Say, for example, if
nothing is selected for 30 seconds whatever the highlighted option is
(typically the the top one), will be activated? This will be fantastic, as
it means it would drop me straight into Ubuntu and I wouldn't need a
keyboard connected and thus wouldn't need to hit <Enter>.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,

David White