[Cbe-oss-dev] intermittent trouble on startup on a QS22 with 2.6.30

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Fri Dec 11 20:59:57 EST 2009

On Thursday 10 December 2009, Marcus Daniels wrote:
> I had some trouble integrating 2.6.25 with systemsim and AUFS filesystem
> that's needed for booting in my environment.

Yes. Note that AUFS really has a number of issues besides this and you may
want to look into ways to get rid of this.

> However, disabling the PCI endpoint on 2.6.30 did work.  The Axon
> devices register and apnet comes up too.  However, this was Axon 1.0.18
> and apnet 1.01.   (What I was working with before you updated the git
> trees..)

Ok, good. The changes between 1.0.18 and 1.1.0 are really minimal though,
it may be a good idea to try merging triblade-2.6.28 into your 2.6.30
tree to see if that still works. I can also provide a triblade-2.6.30 tree
so you can check that against your version and possibly send patches
where it differs from the working version.

If problems were introduced between 2.6.30 and 2.6.32, I should probably
have a look at changes in powerpc interrupt handling in that time frame.

	Arnd