[Cbe-oss-dev] intermittent trouble on startup on a QS22 with 2.6.30

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Wed Dec 9 18:34:54 EST 2009

On Wednesday 09 December 2009, Marcus G. Daniels wrote:
> Hi Arnd,
> > Please tell me how things go with those drivers.
> The build worked fine, although I had to turn of -Werror in
> arch/powerpc/{kernel,platforms}/Makefile.
> Also line 8 of linux/compiler-gcc4.h I had to comment out.   I'm using
> the cross compilers that came with SDK 3.1 (gcc 4.1.1).

This should improve if you use a more recent compiler, i.e. the native
gcc that runs on the QS22 blade.

> Note how apnet fails to find any Axon devices, though..  This is what I
> was seeing before with the 2.6.30 build.

hmm, did you enable the PCI mode of the Axon driver on the Cell blade?
Unfortunately, you cannot enable both host (PCI) and endpoint (SB) mode
simultaneously in the driver, so you have to disable that mode in order
to use the cell blade as an endpoint.

Does the 2.6.25 kernel from my git tree work? If so, which version is the
last one you get running?

	Arnd