[Cbe-oss-dev] PS3 Fedora 12 install notes

Andrea mariofutire at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 3 06:24:06 EST 2009

On 02/12/09 18:35, Geoff Levand wrote:

> These things you mention are all anaconda specific, and you may
> be able to get better answers on one of the general Fedora
> mailing lists.

I've written there.

> As for anaconda's text install, it doesn't allow for custom
> partition layout.  It uses a fixed layout.  I believe 'replace
> linux system' will put that layout in an existing install, but
> not touch other installed systems.

I've rerun the installation and tried all possible options (I think), but none of them took me to a
screen like

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/install-guide/f12/en-US/html/s1-guimode-textinterface-x86.html#fig-install-widget2-x86

> You could try VNC install which allows custom partition layouts,
> or you could create new partitions and copy the installed files
> to them.

I thought I read VNC is not recommended. I might try, thanks.

Andrea

PS: just a couple of remarks on your notes about the network on the Post-Install

1) wlan0 has ONBOOT=yes, which might confuse things. I removed it.

2) the netowrk service does not start by default, so ONBOOT=yes on eth0 is not enough after a reboot.
I had to install system-config-services to enable the network service (but there must be a text only
methond)