[Cbe-oss-dev] PS3 Fedora 12 install notes

Andrea mariofutire at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 3 04:22:24 EST 2009

On 21/11/09 00:33, Geoff Levand wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Fedora 12 was released this week.  Unfortunately, due to
> an increase in memory usage of anaconda the Fedora installer
> program some special procedures are needed to install it
> on the PS3.
>
> I made a new howto note 'PS3 Fedora install HOW-TO' that
> describes how to install Fedora on your PS3.  It make take
> some time to reach the mirrors though:
>
>   http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/geoff/cell/ps3-howto/ps3-fedora-install-howto.txt
>
> Please report any additional steps needed or problems faced
> when installing to your system.

I've just installed and everything went as you described.

Only problem is with partitioning the hard disk.
I used to have 2 logical volumes for / and /home, and the installation has overwritten everything
with a single volume for /

It is not too bad since I did have nothing to save, but in the future when I reinstall I'd like to
save /home.

During the installation at some point (around the disk partitioning) I had a choice similar to

- use all disk
- replace linux system
- use free space

I chose the 2nd. Was it a bad choice?

Is there a chance to recreate the partitions and reinstall?

thanks