[Cbe-oss-dev] [patch 00/24] petitboot patches

Geoff Levand geoffrey.levand at am.sony.com
Mon Apr 13 11:11:36 EST 2009

Hi Jeremy,

This set is the remainer of the patches I have for your
petitboot multiple-ui rework.  I feel these fill out the
missing peices enough that the result is a very usable
bootloader.

These are some bug fixes, clenups, etc.:

 [patch 01/24] petitboot: Fix memmove size
 [patch 02/24] petitboot: Revert const device in discover_client_ops
 [patch 03/24] petitboot: Increase protocol payload size to 64KiB
 [patch 04/24] petitboot: Add udev trigger
 [patch 05/24] petitboot: Udev log socket device
 [patch 06/24] petitboot: Remove unneeded conf strip
 [patch 07/24] petitboot: Check if yaboot.conf files are empty
 [patch 08/24] petitboot: Add test case for empty yaboot.conf file

These get the server-client link working:

 [patch 09/24] petitboot: Remove device handler test code
 [patch 10/24] petitboot: Add discover device report
 [patch 11/24] petitboot: Add URL test to resolve_path

These are to get kexec working and also do some refactoring
of common routines:

 [patch 12/24] petitboot: Move common system routines to lib
 [patch 13/24] petitboot: Switch device-handler to system helpers
 [patch 14/24] petitboot: Add URL parsing routines
 [patch 15/24] petitboot: Add remote file loading routines
 [patch 16/24] petitboot: Add ui-system helper routines

These add a generic user event mechanism and use it to track
changes in the system DHCP configuration:

 [patch 17/24] petitboot: Make udev_event a generic event
 [patch 18/24] petitboot: Add discover user event
 [patch 19/24] petitboot: Add pb-event helper utility
 [patch 20/24] petitboot: Add udhcpc utility script

These add some generic ncurses routines and a PS3 specfic
UI program that use those routines.

 [patch 21/24] petitboot: Add ncurses UI menu
 [patch 22/24] petitboot: Add ncurses boot option editor
 [patch 23/24] petitboot: Add ncurses UI support
 [patch 24/24] petitboot: Add PS3 ncurses CUI program

Just for anyone interested, I have a git repo of my petitboot
development work here:

  http://git.infradead.org/ps3/petitboot-multiple-ui-patches.git