[Cbe-oss-dev] petitboot testing release

Geoff Levand geoffrey.levand at am.sony.com
Sun Apr 12 02:29:28 EST 2009

On 03/30/2009 02:42 AM, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> Weird things happen when your boot list doesn't fit on the screen and it must
> scroll. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It also behaves weird when
> switching back from 480p (scrolling needed) to uwxga (scrolling not needed).
> The behavior seems to be different whether you just changed to 480p, or boot
> immediately into 480p.

Petitboot doesn't yet do the right thing on screen resize.  It really
needs to recreate its ncurses menus and forms.  I added some support
for this in the latest release (handling SIGWINCH stuff), but it still
isn't complete.  You will still see some remnants of the old screen on
resize, and the menu scroll, etc. will still use the old size.