[Cbe-oss-dev] Problems building newlib/libgloss 1.17 for spu

Dan Munckton lists at munckfish.net
Fri Apr 3 00:37:26 EST 2009

Hi

Just in case I'm wasting my time here ... is anyone aware of, or working
to fix any known problems building newlib 1.17 for spu?

Having been updated to v1.17 from 1.16 in Ubuntu it stopped building
libgloss and therefore crt1.o is missing, which means spu-gcc fails to
compile things.

The first change I've noted is the configure script now sets --host=spu
whereas in the old working version it was set to powerpc-linux-gnu. That
brings libgloss back but it's failing to build. So I'm in the middle of
chasing down why, and wondered if there were known issues with this
version of newlib.

Cheers

Dan