[Cbe-oss-dev] ps3 kernel 2.6.26 Download?

Dan Munckton lists at munckfish.net
Thu Sep 25 17:18:57 EST 2008

On Wed, 2008-09-24 at 19:52 -0700, Jiafu Gao wrote:
> I installed Ubuntu Intrepid daily build, but it still have kernel
> 2.6.25-2. I am trying to get WOL (wake on lan) working, which requires
> kernel 2.6.26-rc2 or up according to Geoff.

Yep Intrepid will not go beyond 2.6.25 unless we present a very
compelling case to the Ubuntu Kernel Team for an upgrade to 2.6.27.

However, it's quite late on in the dev process now and the kernel freeze
is only a matter of weeks away on Oct 16 [0]. With the time I have
available to work on the kernel I sort of feel it would be a really
silly idea to introduce a potential tonne of extra work if there are
regressions (particularly in the other architectures our "ports" kernel
has to support). So I'd rather keep 2.6.25 and be sure it's stable. But
I will ask the Kernel Team their opinion on it.

I'm not sure it would get accepted at this late stage (cause the Feature
Freeze is on) but another avenue we could explore is applying the WOL
patches to 2.6.25. Geoff would that be likely to work?

Dan

[0] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IntrepidReleaseSchedule