[Cbe-oss-dev] ps3 kernel 2.6.26 Download?

Jiafu Gao jiafu_gao at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 25 12:52:05 EST 2008

Hi,

Is there any place to download linux kernel 2.6.26-rc2 or up for PS3?

I installed Ubuntu Intrepid daily build, but it still have kernel 2.6.25-2. I am trying to get WOL (wake on lan) working, which requires kernel 2.6.26-rc2 or up according to Geoff.

I see Geoff's kernel pages. There is ps3-distro-kit iso [1], but I am not sure what kernel it has (since it was create on June, so I am too optimistic that it is 2.6.26 kernel). Geoff, it would be greate if you can put a readme file there with info such as: what files the iso contains, the kernel version, who and how to use the distro-kit, it will be of great help.

There is another directory,  ps3-linux-kernel. First, what is the difference between patch-ps3-linux* and ps3-linux-patches*? If the only difference is the different compress method, using the same name prefix could cause less confusion. Second, it would be great if a built for each patched kernel is post there too. It takes expertise to config and build a kernel. I tried to build several times without a good working kernel.

Thanks for any help.

Jiafu

[1] http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/geoff/cell/ps3-distro-kit/