[Cbe-oss-dev] ps3vram patch

gkhanna at umassd.edu gkhanna at umassd.edu
Thu Sep 4 13:26:02 EST 2008

Hi all

I recently found out about this ps3vram patch that supposedly allows one
to use the PS3's video RAM as swap space. I'm interested in trying this
out, however I have heard that its not quite ready yet and it causes
memory corruption. Maybe someone on this list can clarify?

Also, does anyone have instructions on how to go about building a patched
kernel with this? I found some information in a YDL forum, but it didn't
quite work out. At this point, I'm not even quite sure what version of the
kernel source I should start with ..

Thank you,
Gaurav