[Cbe-oss-dev] patches for oprofile on PS3?

Marcus G. Daniels mdaniels at lanl.gov
Wed Sep 3 02:46:13 EST 2008

Hi Carl,
> If you look at
> your kernel you should see the directory arch/powerpc/oprofile/cell if
> you have the SPU profiling code.

I do have that directory from both Geoff's GIT tree and using the
mainline with Geoff's patch set applied.
> Can you check to make sure these function
> pointers are being setup in the ps3 model code.  That is assuming the
> spu profiling code is in your kernel.

I see that there are such function entries for the PS3 model, code
however in the op_model_cell.c (not op_model_ps3.c) there is a
conditional that switches between calling spu_sync_start and
DO_GENERIC_SYNC per the variable spu_cycle_reset, whereas that is not in
the PS3 kernels I have (as above).   spu_sync_start is defined in the
cell subdirectory in the file spu_task_sync.c.

Thanks,

Marcus