[Cbe-oss-dev] [patch 1/4] MARS: Header file cleanups

Kazunori Asayama asayama at sm.sony.co.jp
Tue Sep 2 17:48:37 EST 2008

Geoff Levand wrote:
> On 08/31/2008 09:18 PM, Kazunori Asayama wrote:
>> Geoff Levand wrote:
>>> The relative path is hard coded.  Having these paths goes against the
>>> GNU coding standard, but we have no obligation to follow that.
>> I think the subdirectory is rather equivalent to a prefix of file names
>> than hard coded path.
>
> But we now have both a name prefix and a subdirectory.  As Andrew
> recommended, I think we should use one or the other, so we should
> now remove the mars_ name prefix.

Yes, that seems to make sense.

>> And as I said in the previous message, that
>> enables to avoid putting many random files in the system directory directly.
>
> I don't care which way.  I'm thinking that from the user's point of
> view, rpm, make install/uninstall, etc. work the same.  Is there some

So we have no need to change?

> trouble you see it could cause, or is it just a preference?

I think that that makes it easy to find which files belong to MARS. Of
course that may be possible if all MARS headers have the same prefix
'mars_', but I think a separate directory is more explicit way. (though
that may be just my personal sense)

--
(ASAYAMA Kazunori
  (asayama at sm.sony.co.jp))