[Cbe-oss-dev] patches for oprofile on PS3?

Marcus G. Daniels mdaniels at lanl.gov
Tue Sep 2 03:43:31 EST 2008

Hi, Geoff, all,
> To start, I recommend you just use the sources from:
>
>   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/geoff/ps3-linux.git

This built and runs ok, but I get this when I try to start profiling:

opcontrol: line 1342: echo: write error: Function not implemented".  On
that line it is attempting to write "1" into /dev/oprofile/enable.  This
is using the oprofile that comes with Yellow Dog 6.0 on the PS3.
I tried oprofile-0.9.4 too with the same result.  I don't see any
session files being accumulated in /var/lib/oprofile.
> Please look in the series file.  It lists the base sources these
> apply against (linux-2.6.git) and the commit revision of that.

I did a git quilt-import of these but the error is the same as above.

Thanks,

Marcus