[Cbe-oss-dev] How to generate a config file?

Yuji Mano yuji.mano at am.sony.com
Fri Oct 24 12:47:58 EST 2008

上田 孝 (Ueda Takashi) wrote:
> Hi.
>
> There isn't a configure file at mars-1.0.0.
> README and INSTALL does not offer any information about how to generate
> a configure file.
> (Bootstrap script works fine)
> I suppose it is kind of their files to offer such information.

Yes you are right.
In previous releases the source tarball was created with 'make dist' within
mars-src and so it included the generated 'configure' scripts, etc.

Since v1.0.0 release tarball is just a snapshot of mars-src.git at tag v1.0.0,
it is necessary to run 'bootstrap' in /mars-src/core, before running the
generated 'configure' scripts.

As you say this information should definitely be included in the README, or
alternatively the release tarball needs to be created differently.

It should be fixed by the next release.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you for the helpful feedback.

Regards,