[Cbe-oss-dev] Help needed diagnosing Ubuntu Intrepid showstopper

Dan Munckton lists at munckfish.net
Sat Oct 18 11:28:35 EST 2008

Hi

We're into the final freeze for Intrepid. Today I finally managed to
test installation end to end, which worked but then I discovered ...

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-ps3-port/+bug/285218

Basically it seems as soon as either the boot splash program (usplash)
or Xorg try to "do their thing" the screen goes blank and the whole
system hangs. So my current hunch is this is a problem in the
framebuffer.

The weird thing is the system was working perfectly with the same kernel
[0] only about week ago. Of course since then many packages have been
updated and I'm following this up with the Ubuntu devs to see if
anything else may be affecting it. However one major change since last
week is I upgraded my PS3 firmware to v2.50 - could this be related?

Does anyone have any theories/ideas what this could be causing this?

Cheers

Dan

[0]
http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git?p=ubuntu/ubuntu-intrepid-ports.git;a=summary