[Cbe-oss-dev] No module uhci-hcd found for kernel 2.6.28-rc4-01086-g08ae0be, aborting

maikel at maikelbosschaert.nl maikel at maikelbosschaert.nl
Wed Nov 19 10:32:21 EST 2008

  BODY { font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px; }I
actually where trying to make wireless networking to work by following
the howto:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/geoff/cell/ps3-howto/ps3-wireless-howto.txt
[1]
 but when i executed:
	wpa_supplicant -dd -Dwext -iwlan0 -c
/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
 i get errors like:
 ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
 WEXT auth param 4 value 0x0 - ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not
supported
 WEXT auth param 5 value 0x1 - ioctl[SIOCGIWSCAN]: No such device.
 So i thought maybe by installing a new kernel the problems would de
solved.
 I followed the steps outlined by Matthew Scarpino in his book
programming the cell processor:
 make mrproper
 make menuconfig (Modularize Device Mapper Support and include LB
File System Support)
 then building the kernel with:
 make; make modules; make modules_instalĺ
 copying the files:
 cp vmlinux /boot/vmlinux-x.y.z
 cp .config /boot/config-x.y.z
 cp System.map /boot/System.map-x.y.z
 mkinitrd:
 mkinitrd /boot/initrd-x.y.z.img x.y.z
and finally adding to yaboot.conf:
 image:/vmlinux-x.y.z
        label=latest
        read-only
        initrd=/initrd-x.y.z.img
        append="rhgb quiet root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 3"
    On Tue 18/11/08 03:26 , Geoff Levand geoffrey.levand at am.sony.com
sent:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/.../ps3-linux.git

 > ps3-linux
 > sh> make ps3_defconfig
 > sh> make
 > sh> make modules
 > sh> make modules_install
 > I tried to "cp arch/powerpc/configs/ps3_defconfig ./.config" and
edit
 > the config file to add "CONFIG_USB_UHCI_HCD=m", but then i also
get the
 > same error.
 ps3_defconfig is not compatible with your distro's kernel config.
 > Any help would be appreciated.
 A kernel built with ps3_defconfig does not need an initrd.  You can
 just copy the vmlinux to the correct place and add a kboot.conf
 entry for it.
 What are you trying to accomplish?
 -Geoff

Links: