[Cbe-oss-dev] Debian Live for PS3 project dead?

François Galea francois.galea at prism.uvsq.fr
Wed Nov 19 03:30:34 EST 2008

Hi Geert,

>> I will write a complete procedure to install Debian with the PS3 related
>> packages when I have the time to.
>
> Instead of writing a complete (new) procedure, what about enhancing the
> existing ps3-debian-install-howto.txt and sending the result to Geoff?

There is not that much difference. In fact, the best procedure would be
to follow the howto up to a certain point (boot the debian system with
standard powerpc kernel), and then install the ps3 kernel and utilities
from a (not existing yet) apt repository, just like what the keshi.org
was before being completely outdated.

Additional specific details about configuration such as spufs, ps3vram,
huge pages or bluetooth sixaxis support would be welcome, too.

For now I am currently investigating about how to setup my apache server
to turn it into a reliable apt repository.

François

--
François Galea
Equipe OPALE - Laboratoire PRiSM