[Cbe-oss-dev] Does SDK 3.1 run on a QS20?

Gerhard Stenzel gerhard.stenzel at de.ibm.com
Thu Nov 6 03:12:41 EST 2008

> ci-hcd module
> RPC: Registered udp transport module.
> RPC: Registered tcp transport module.
> Bringing up eth0
> waiting for link... 0 seconds.
> Sending request for IP information through eth0
> ERROR: Interface setup failed: pumpSetupInterface failed: get link - 19:

I was suspecting this would happen. The problem is that the original F9
netboot image is too big for the firmware and the reduced image at BSC does
not contain the network driver for the QS20.
There a various ways to work around these issues, depending on your
equipment and experience, but they are all a bit messy. Maybe one of the
easier methods would be to install F7 (or maybe F8 works too, not sure) and
then do a step by step upgrade to F9 via "yum update"

Best regards,

Gerhard Stenzel, Linux on Cell Development, LTC

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter | Geschäftsführung: Erich
Baier
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen | Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart,
HRB 243294