[Cbe-oss-dev] PCM device not found

Michael.Schoeller at inhouse.wko.at Michael.Schoeller at inhouse.wko.at
Mon May 26 21:14:38 EST 2008

Hello,

A new day, a new problem.
But first thanks for the help with the xserver problem. Without your help it would not be solved right now.

The kernel build with the config generated with make ps3_defconfig has ps3 sound support enabled. However after booting with that kernel the PCM device is not found and no sound is playing.
I already tried activating all options found in the kernel config submenu "Device Drivers>Sound" and it's submenus but that did not solve the problem.
I came to the conclusion that there must be an other option in the kernelconfig that has to be activated or there is a bug in the current kernel sources.
However that's far beyond my knowledge so maybe you can help me again.

Michael