[Cbe-oss-dev] Real-Time Kernel for the Cell

Nicolas Morey-Chaisemartin nicolas at morey-chaisemartin.com
Wed Mar 26 11:12:13 EST 2008

Markus Weiss a écrit :
> Geoff Levand schrieb:
>> The PS3 has a non real-time hypervisor, and so it wouldn't
>> make much sense to try to have a real-time OS running on it.
>
> So there is no timer register with interrupt available or
> if so an interrupt service routine might be preempted by the
> hypervisor at any time. Well, then yes it's not even possible.
>
> ciao, Markus

However it should still be possible to test it through the simulator right?
I don't expect to achieve a fully working kernel. This is only a 3
months project so if I could only see some tasks running on SPE, some
scheduling and maybe synchronisation tasks it would be great. THis is
mainly a research approach  with a lot of literature, a lot of ideas and
few implementation.

Nicolas Morey-Chaisemartin
http://nicolas.morey-chaisemartin.com