[Cbe-oss-dev] Real-Time Kernel for the Cell

Markus Weiss mweiss at id-architekten.de
Wed Mar 26 09:33:32 EST 2008

Hi,

Geoff Levand schrieb:
> Also, a cell platform suitable to run a real time OS is quite expensive if
> you need to buy one.  If you just want to run a 'light weight' non real time
> OS then you could use a PS3.
>
> -Geoff

sorry for maybe asking a dumb question but as having some
experience in real time systems I sort of have to.

Why exactly is a PS3 not suitable to run a real time OS and
another more expensive system is?
I'm not asking if there is such a reals time system for the
PS3, but if there is a restriction to create such a system.

ciao, Markus