[Cbe-oss-dev] [patch 13/16] powerpc and x86_64: Initial port of PCIe endpoint device driver for Axon

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Fri Mar 14 09:38:39 EST 2008

On Thursday 13 March 2008, Murali Iyer wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-03-13 at 06:49 +0100, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
>
> > It would be good if you can add these incrementally, as you add the files,
> > but only if they actually give you a kernel image that builds.
> I don't get it. With current set, kernel will always build.
> For example if you don't apply patch 14 it is not going to build axon
> driver even though you applied patches 0-13

Right, and that is the most important part. To go a little further,
it would be nice if the patches are sorted in such a way that each
driver that gets added can be compiled and linked when only that one
patch (and each one before it) is applied, but no later patch.

> > Same with patch 14/16, there is no point keeping these two separate.
> You have to apply 14 in order to get the driver in the tree.
>
> Am I missing something?

I meant patches 13 and 14 should be merged into a single patch, you don't
gain anything by splitting this into two patches.

	Arnd <><