[Cbe-oss-dev] ps3videomode and monitor

Geoff Levand geoffrey.levand at am.sony.com
Sun Mar 2 13:14:35 EST 2008

On 03/01/2008 04:16 PM, Paolo Severi wrote:
> I have installed ubuntu 7.10 in my ps3, that is connected to a 20"
> monitor (with a 1680x1050/60hz resolution) via hdmi--->dvi
>
> I want to change the resolution but I can only choose between 720p
> (which is too low) and 1080p (which is too high)

I don't know which ps3-utils you have, but the recent versions have
a ps3-video-mode man page, or you can look here:

  http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/geoff/ps3-utils.git;a=blob;f=ps3-video-mode.8;hb=HEAD

The listed modes are the only ones available.  Unfortunately, it
seems your monitor is intended to connect to a PC, not an HD video
device.