[Cbe-oss-dev] Problem with rebuilding latest Linux Kernel for PS3

Remy Bohmer linux at bohmer.net
Wed Jul 30 04:55:43 EST 2008

Hello John,

> I know I'm asking alot but I've been following steps suggested by many web
> sites on a variety of Kernel sources and never with success.
> I would just like to have a starting point for a successful build and reboot
> that I can work from.

You looked at it before, but I can still say that my manual still
works with Fedora 8. even on FW 2.41. I tested it again.
(http://www.bohmer.net/ps3_stuff/install-fedora-8-on-PS3.html)
Many people have used this manual, without major problems.

If it is not working, then there must be something else (done) wrong.

> I was wondering if anyone out there could give me specific steps to building
> a kernel ON the PS3 FOR the PS3 that are known to work?
> For example:
> 1- Download kernel 'X' from site 'Y'
> 2 -Perform step A
> 3 -Perform step B